Sunday, May 8, 2011

Firsts and Bests

First 45: The Royal Guardsman "Snoopy vs. The Red Baron" (I was 6, in cubs)

Best 45: Loving Spoonful "Nashville Cats" (I was likely about 10)

First LP I asked for: The Beatles "Sargeant Pepper's Lonley Hearts Club Band" (I was 12)

LPs I recieved for my Bar Mitzvah: "Hey Jude" The Beatles, "Rock & Roll" Vanilla Fudge




First LP I saved up for with my own money: Joe Cocker "Mad Dogs and Englishmen"
First CD Steely Dan "A Decade of Steely Dan" (Just bought my first CD player and at $20 it was the cheapest disc they had.)

Country Record that changed my life: Lyle Lovett self titled LP Lyle Lovett

Folk Records that changed my life: Nic Jones "Penguin Eggs"  The Roches self titled "The RochesBruce Cockburn "Night Vision" and "In The Falling Dark"

Rock Record that changed my life: The Who, "Live at Leeds"

Punk/New Wave records that changed my life: "Talking Heads 77," The Clash "London Calling" Elvis Costello "My Aim Is True"

Recent faves:

No comments:

Post a Comment