Saturday, May 21, 2011

Metal Madness: Woods of Ypres 2003

I used to work for CBC in Windsor Ontario, mostly in radio as a producer and reporter. I was very involved in the local music scene. I was the artistic director of Windsor Folk which brought Canadian folk and roots musicians to the area and sponsored a monthly open mic. My best friend is a local folk legend who I dubbed the Windsor Accordion Czar - Len Wallace. I will devote a blog entry to this genius talent another time.

I also arranged for a number of artists to perform and conduct interviews on CBC - everyone from the Windsor Symphony, local jazz flute legend Alex Zonjic, to Raffi, Moxy Fruvous and the late Rick Danko of the Band.

The last couple of years I was with the Corp. I dabbled in television as a reporter and I had the opportunity to do some feature reports. Of course the focus was music. One day I was standing in the Devonshire Mall waiting for somebody and saw two kids opening a CD and I asked them what they just bought at HMV. They said it was a local Black Metal band called .

This TV report is the result.

 


I am sad to tell you that David Gold died December 22, 2011 in an automobile accident near Barrie, Ontario, Canada. You can find details here

No comments:

Post a Comment